7/11/07

Buying A New MP3 Player When An iPod Just Won't Do

I'm in the market for a new MP3 player. Its been a while since I shopped around for one. I recently lost my beloved iRiver 320 after 3 years of being together. Now I know everyone has an iPod but this just won't do for my purposes. I need something easy to carry, big enough hard drive or flash memory, and it must have a built in mic for recording voice or anything else. This is critical and this is where the iPod fails. Sure I can get the mic attachment but this makes for a big fumbly device that is just too expensive to justify. I'm willing to spend $300 tops, maybe a bit more if I can get more use out of it. Here is what I'm looking for:

Plays MP3s
Plays Ogg Vorbis files
Plays MP4 video
Records to MP3 from built in mic
Not fragile
Good Battery Life
Plug and Play

Finally after much research I decided to get the Creative Zen 30 Gb MP3 Player. It beat out the rest because it has a bigger color screen than the iPod. In fact it is strictly widescreen similar to the Apple iPhone. It also was availeble on eBay fro less than $150 . I forgot to keep track of the bid but ended up buying a similar one for $175, $25 more than I was about to spend, but still its a worthy investment if it turns out to work OK.

Lately I've been having too many emotions bottled up that it was leading to increased creativitly that I have to get down on some kind of medium. I will attempt to share these moments with all of you to usher in a new era of recording ideas, now on a new medium.

No comments: